1. We have no control over, or responsibility for, websites to which the Website is linked. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
2. While we have endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of information on the Website, we do not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website. The Website and the Content are provided "as is", without any warranties of any kind unless specifically stated. Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
3. The Website, including text, content, software, video, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material ("Content") is protected by copyrights, trademarks and / or other proprietary rights. The Content includes both content owned or controlled by us, and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to us. All articles, reports and other elements making up the Website may be copyright works. You acquire no rights or licenses in or to the Website and / or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these terms and conditions and to download no more than one copy of the Website for your personal, non-commercial use.
4. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to the Website at any time, without notice for any reason whatsoever.
5. The Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the website. We do not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
6. The terms are governed by the laws of the Cyprus Republic and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
General conditions of Entry:
1.1 By submitting your application you are agreeing to enter into the Event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
1.3 Where you are provided with an electronic chip by us to record your time, this should be used in accordance with the instruction
1.4 Where you are provided with an electronic chip, you will collect it at the event’s registration offices, at a period two days prior the event.
1.5 Participants in the Event are subject to the rules of the IAAF and AIMS.
2. EVENT SAFETY
2.1 At all times during the Event you must adhere to all instructions given by the Event officials.
2.2 Participation in the Event is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear the Event number. Any breach of this Condition shall render the entry void. If you are found to be in breach of this Condition we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future Events
2.3 You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:-
2.3.1 any wheeled device (subject to Condition 2.5);
2.3.2 any artificial aid;
2.3.3 any pets or animals; or
2.3.4 any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
2.4 You warrant to us that you will be on the Event Date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event unaided and in accordance with the Agreement. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice.
2.5 If you are entered into the wheelchair section of the event, you are only permitted to use a self-propelled wheelchair without gears or any mechanical, powered or electronic aid or device.
3. EVENT EJECTION 3.1 We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event or to ask you to cease participation if:
3.1.1 you fail to follow instructions given by Event officials;
3.1.2 you attempt to participate in the Event in a manner that we, acting reasonably, believe:-
(a) may cause injury to you or another participant;
(b) may damage or harm the environment;
(c) in our opinion is likely to cause offence; or
(d) otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety including any failure, in whole or in part, to comply with the restrictions in Condition 2;
3.1.3 in our opinion you are unfit to participate in the Event due to:-
(a) the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs;
(b) an injury or illness; or
3.1.4 you fail to arrive at the start location at the specified time; or
3.1.5 you are unable to make sufficient progress in the Event to allow you to complete the event in line with timelines set by Event officials. Competitors will only be eligible for a medal and to feature in the results in they complete the course before the official cut off time which is currently 13.30 for the Marathon Race and 15:30 for the rest of races on the day of the Event (subject to variation at the organisers' discretion).
3.2 If, in accordance with Condition 3.1, you are refused entry to the Event or we ask you to cease participation in the Event, you must remove your runner's identification number and electronic chip and return them to an Event official.
4. CHANGES TO THE EVENT
4.1 We reserve the right to change the course, or make any other amendment to the Event that we deem necessary to stage the Event. Any change to the Event will be communicated to you at the Event or sooner if practicable.
4.2 Should the course distance be reduced in accordance with Condition 7.1 for the avoidance of doubt you agree that the Event is still deemed to be staged and that we will not be liable to you for any refund.
5. USE OF IMAGE
5.1 The Event may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs may be taken all of which may capture your participation in the Event. You agree to the publication of such photographs, filming, recording and broadcasts and their use by us and those authorised by us in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, publications and publicity.
5.2 Any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
5.3 Any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it which is posted in the social media under any OPAP Limassol Marathon GSO channel, may be used by the OPAP Limassol Marathon GSO.
6.1 In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:
6.1.1 loss or damage;
6.1.2 loss of profit;
6.1.3 loss of reputation;
6.1.4 loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
6.1.5 loss of anticipated savings;
6.1.6 pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
6.1.7 consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:(a) would arise in the ordinary course of events;(b) is reasonably foreseeable; or(c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
6.2 Nothing in this Agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Merchandise purchased from the event’s website, will be available for collection at the event’s registration offices two days before the scheduled event date (registration days).
7.1 If there is a conflict or inconsistency between any provision contained in the body of these Conditions of Entry and any provision contained in the Event Conditions, except where provided to the contrary in the latter, the Event Conditions prevail to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency.
7.2 The Agreement shall be governed by Cyprus law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Cyprus courts.
7.3 If any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.
7.4 The Agreement does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not party to it.
8.1. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can cancel your order by simply notifying us by email within 14 days from the date you received the items.
8.2. Shipping expenses regarding the return of goods should be paid by the customer. For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is faulty. Please package the relevant item securely in at least the packaging it was received and send it to us with a copy of your invoice so that we receive it within forteen working days of the day after the date that the item was delivered to you.
8.3. We can only accept the return of opened items if they are faulty.
8.4. Goods are offered subject to being unsold. In the event of non-availability of goods, we reserve the right to rescind the contract.
8.5. Prices and manufacturers specifications are subject to change without notice. Minor specification variations do not entitle the purchaser to rescind the contract.
8.6. Claims for damaged goods must notify within 24 hours of receipt, please inspect goods immediately.
8.7. For suitability of goods please contact the manufacturer.
8.8. We do not deliver to P.O.Box numbers.
8.9. The company policy is to dispatch goods within 48 hours of receiving your order, however this can vary subject to availability of stock. Times quoted are made in good faith, but shall not be binding. OPAP Limassol Marathon GSO cannot accept responsibility for transport delays causing late delivery.
8.10. Late delivery does not entitle you to refuse or cancel the order.
8.11. Whilst all reasonable endeavors have been made to check the accuracy of the information contained within this site, OPAP Limassol Marathon GSO does not warrant the accuracy of the information contained herein. Further, OPAP Limassol Marathon GSO or any other associated company or companies will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and material contained within this website or any other site which the user may access through this website. Further, OPAP Limassol Marathon GSO or any associated company or companies will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising due to the users access to any other providers, operators, organizations or persons referred to directly or indirectly within this website.
OPAP Limassol Marathon GSO
Olympus Event Management 38, Omonia Avenue P.O. Box 51623 3507 Limassol, CYPRUS
For all press and media enquiries in the UK please contact Breathe Unity PR
10th Floor, 3 Hardman Street, Spinningfields, Manchester M3 3HF
+44 (0) 161 932 1409
This document was last updated on January 2, 2016